In addition to working as a counsellor and psychotherapist I am also Head of Department of Psychology at The Open University, where I research and write about a wide variety of issues in social psychology, counselling/psychotherapy and sexualities.
I am also Honorary Professor of Psychology at Aalborg University in Denmark.
I am invited to speak and teach masterclasses throughout the world on a variety of issues relating to my work. I am currently completing my latest book on sexual citizenship for Oxford University Press. I am co-editor of the academic journal Psychology & Sexuality, published by Taylor & Francis. Some selected publications include (for a full list of publications please visit my academic webpage at The Open University):
- Langdridge, D. (2012). Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy. London: Sage.
- Barker, M., Vossler, A. & Langdridge, D. (2010). Understanding Counselling. London: Sage / Milton Keynes: The Open University.
- Langdridge, D. (2007). Phenomenological Psychology: Theory, Research and Method. Harlow: Pearson Education.
- Langdridge, D. (2005). Between ideology and utopia: Re-thinking conflict and reconciliation in psychotherapy. Existential Analysis, 16.2, pp. 221-235.
- Langdridge, D. (2005). ‘The Child’s Relations with Others’: Merleau-Ponty, Embodiment and Psychotherapy. Existential Analysis, 16.1, pp. 87-99.
- Langdridge, D. (2004). The hermeneutic phenomenology of Paul Ricoeur: Problems and possibilities for existential-phenomenological psychotherapy. Existential Analysis, 15.2, pp. 243-255.